- This event has passed.
Acting Black Actor’s Studio with Miranda Edwards – Every Sunday
February 6 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Sunday, repeating until February 20, 2022
Acting Black is an Actor’s Studio – led by Film, TV and Theatre Actor, Miranda Edwards – that is devoted to Holding Safe Space for Black Actors & Creatives in the Industry. Acting Black sessions are held online, through True II Soul Academy (Launching JAN 2022).
Acting Black holds space for the work – exploring, expressing and honouring ourselves, our journey and our craft.
Acting Black creates a supportive community to share individual and collective experiences – acknowledging the correlation between authentic expression, sense of belonging and empowered success.
Acting Black facilitates exploration of our human condition, motivations, unconscious narratives and social constructs – providing ample space for powerful work, while compassionately examining our obstacles and limiting beliefs.
Acting Black is an actor’s studio that is
- A hub for Actors who are just starting out, and want to build a meaningful career.
- A safe zone for Industry Professionals who have obstacles or blocks to work around in their craft.
- A sanctuary for Performing Artists who understand that they are the work and seek techniques for development and growth.
- A peer group for Working Actors interested in collaborative and progressive exploration and development.
Miranda Edwards, True II Soul Network and Broken Whole Productions have joined forces to bring you this course of study – devoted to the age-old art of storytelling. Our instructor, Miranda Edwards is a Canadian actor of film, television and theatre. She is a stalwart advocate for Black artists, a passionate proponent of mental wellness in the acting industry and holds safe inclusive spaces that are committed to empowerment and artistic development. Walking her talk, Miranda hails from a strong theatrical background (including da Kink in My Hair) and a body of work that boasts intriguingly diverse roles which showcase her broad range, versatility and power: Demo Reel Miranda Edwards IMDb
Acting Black Acting Studio:
– HELPS you TAKE THE DRIVER’S SEAT IN YOUR ACTING CAREER;
– PROVIDES you DIRECTION AND INSIGHT, if you’re just starting out – or preparing for a change in your established career;
– OFFERS you valuable TOOLS, RESOURCES & SUPPORT, if you want to avoid pitfalls, unnecessary mistakes and have tough decisions to make in your acting career.
This course is for the driven working actor who seeks practical and effective approaches, relevant and compatible guidance and possesses a committed work ethic.
This course is an interactive combination of study, Q&A and technique application. Miranda will share insights from over two decades of experience in the industry and will hold space for authentic discussions. Useful guidance will be offered from herself and other working industry creatives (writers, producers, directors).
$125.00 CAD – DEPOSIT (Registration Opens December 27 & Closes when spots are filled)
Cost: $395 (Option to register for individual workshops for $125/session)
Length: 4 weeks
Duration: 1.5 hours
Times: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM PT / 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Maximum: 8-10 Participants
Class Type: Virtual
Round 1 Class Dates: JAN 30, FEB 6, 13, 20
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU TRAIN WITH US
This course offers exercises, techniques and support that go beyond the courses – remaining relevant to long-term personal and professional development.
Actors explore how to remain true to the art of storytelling while being true to themselves and navigating the complex world of an ever-changing industry.
Actors have an opportunity to candidly share the realities of being a Black actor in today’s world and industry and an opportunity to receive feedback and guidance.
Actors who participate in the 4-workshop series are provided a summary of the series material (please allow up to 2 weeks)
When you enroll with Acting Black, it’s more than a class, it’s inspired and practical learning, socially conscious and transformative work, developing authentic and lifelong relationships and connecting on a global scale. Acting Black participants have full access to the following:
OUR STUDENT PERKS
- EVERY ROUND, actors(s) selected to be featured, receive feedback and offered guidance (open to view for all currently enrolled actors)
- ANNUAL Showcase to spotlight the work of selected Actors who are UNREPRESENTED (currently enrolled Actors are eligible)
- Free Industry Consultation with Miranda
- Full Access to our Opened Doors Mentoring Program
- 10% off all products and services in the True II Soul Marketplace
There are NO refunds of the $125 deposit and we cannot transfer this payment to a future class.
Full class balances are owed to Acting Black Studio when a participant withdraws from the class less than 5 business days before the class start date.
HOW TO REGISTER in 3 EASY STEPS:
1) REGISTER HERE with a name and valid email address
2) DEPOSIT: $125.00 CAD to hold your spot in 1 or more workshops.
Canadian Residents: Send payment, via e-transfer, to Acting Black – using email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Registrants outside of Canada: Send payment through PayPal to True2Soul Network Inc., using email address: email@example.com
3) Pay the total remainder of the course fees before the start date of your first class.
QUESTIONS? Please CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the Academy!
Miranda Edwards: Canadian Actor of film, Television and Theatre.
Miranda Edwards has been a TV, Film and Theatre actor in Canada for many years. With extensive experience in the industry spanning over more than two decades, Miranda added film to her theatrical repertoire with her Michigan Girl role in Mean Girls (2004). She quickly followed up with recurring and progressively more powerful roles and characters in TV series that include: Murdoch Mysteries, Orphan Black, Arrow, The Magicians, Snowpiercer.
Miranda consistently and confidently gifts poignant performances to her audiences and steadfastly maintains that her self-work as THE WORK – which translates powerfully on-camera. The 5Ws & H of an empowered and successful acting career are only some of the topics that Miranda explores in the Acting Black Studio.
Learn More about her work at: Miranda Edwards IMDb