Food to Soul – with Chef Kim – Every Sunday
February 13 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday, repeating until February 20, 2022
Food to Soul is a Sanctuary that explores our connection to food and how we can transform our lives with the power of what’s on our plate. Food to Soul workshops are held online, through True II Soul Academy (Launching JAN 2022).
Food is Relationship – to Self, to Each Other and to the World!
Food to Soul holds safe space for authentic expression and exploration of
- WHAT we eat – Paying attention to the foods we feed our bodies and how we feel…
- WHY we eat – Understanding what motivates our eating…
- WHERE we eat – Choosing spaces that make us feel good…
- WHO we eat with – Being aware of the company we keep – relationships, traumas, triggers…
- WHEN we eat – Eating consciously versus out of habit or actual hunger…
- HOW we eat – Honouring our bodies, our journey and our soul…
Food to Soul creates a supportive community to share individual and collective experiences – honouring ourselves, each other and the journeys that contribute to how we experience food.
Food to Soul encourages a healthy connection to food, empowering eating habits and self-compassion by allowing candid exploration of our human condition, motivations, unconscious narratives and social constructs. This course also provides easy-to-learn tips & strategies for healthy eating on a budget!
Food to Soul is a virtual haven for those who understand that food connects to most aspects of our lives and want to explore how. It’s a sanctuary for Broken Souls who want to explore healthy ways to incorporate food in our healing, a hub for Home Cooks who want to add technique to the heart and soul they already infuse into their food, a networking space full of Inspiration, Guidance and Self-Care Tips, a socially-conscious space dedicated to Delicious and Sustainable Eating, and, last but not least, a like-minded peer group for people who seek Empowerment, Growth & Development.
Chef Kim, True II Soul Network and Broken Whole Productions have joined forces to bring you Food to Soul. Our guide, Chef Kim is an Executive Chef, Yoga Teacher & Mom of 3 wicked kids. With over two decades experience in the food and beverage industry, Chef Kim has built a reputation for mindful, empowered and passionate leadership. Having led small and large teams, including the world-class culinary teams for The MLS All Star Soccer Game, The World Figure Skating Championships, Canadian Scouts Jamboree and the CHL Memorial Cup, Chef Kim shares inspiration, empowerment, tools and resources that apply as readily to the cook in the home kitchen as it does to the person who wants to learn. Chef Kim also offers insights and tips from her extensive experience in large scale culinary establishments with an eye to local sustainable practices. brings you some deliciously inspiring ways of achieving and maintaining your best health – without any fads, diets, or weight loss schemes. This about YOU and how to incorporate knowledge and shifts of habits for long-term benefits for your health AND your wallet!
Food to Soul sanctuary:
– HELPS you TAKE THE DRIVER’S SEAT IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD;
– PROVIDES you DIRECTION AND INSIGHT, if you’re just starting out – or preparing for a change in your established career as a chef;
– OFFERS you valuable TOOLS, RESOURCES & SUPPORT, if you want to avoid pitfalls, unnecessary mistakes and have tough decisions to make in your culinary career.
Food to Soul
This workshop is for the home cook and those who want to learn! People who:
- Seek to transform their perspective and approach to food
- Want practical and effective approaches to delicious and sustainable eating
- Appreciate suggestions and advice that’s relevant to real life and a realistic budget
- Allow guidance that is compatible across the many divides of our societies
- Possess a commitment to transforming their relationship with food, each other and the world in which we live.
This course is an interactive combination of coaching, sharing of knowledge and techniques, useful guidance, practical application and Q&A. Chef Kim will offer insights from over two decades of experience in the industry and will hold space for authentic discussions.
$125.00 CAD – DEPOSIT (Registration Opens December 27 & Closes January 21)
Cost: $397 (Option to register for individual workshops for $125/session)
Length: 4 weeks
Duration: 1.5 hours
Times: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern / 8:00 AM – 9:30 PM PT
Class Type: Virtual
Round 1 Class Dates: JAN 30, FEB 6, 13, 20
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU JOIN OUR WORKSHOPS
This workshop offers deep exploration, mindfulness exercises, cooking & baking techniques and community support that go well beyond the workshops – remaining relevant to long-term development and growth.
Participants explore how nourish body, mind and soul through food.
Participants have an opportunity to candidly share the realities of living in today’s world in a safe and inclusive environment.
Participants who participate in the 4-workshop series are provided a summary of the series material (please allow up to 2 weeks)
When you enrol with Food to Soul, it’s more than a workshop, it’s inspired and practical learning, socially conscious and transformative work, developing authentic and lifelong relationships and connecting on a global scale. Food to Soul participants have full access to the following:
OUR PARTICIPANT PERKS
- EVERY ROUND, participant(s) are selected to have culinary creations featured, receive feedback and offered guidance (open to view for all currently enrolled participants)
- ANNUAL Broken Whole Symposium to take part in our Food to Soul Cooking Competition
- Free Consultation with Chef Kim
- Full Access to our Opened Doors Mentoring Program
- 10% off all products and services in the True II Soul Marketplace
There are NO refunds of the $125 deposit and we cannot transfer this payment to a future class.
Full class balances are owed to Food to Soul when a participant withdraws from the class less than 5 business days before the class start date.
HOW TO REGISTER in 3 EASY STEPS:
1) REGISTER HERE with a name and valid email address
2) DEPOSIT: $125.00 CAD to hold your spot in 1 or more workshops.
Canadian Residents: Send payment, via e-transfer, to Food to Soul – using email address: email@example.com.
For Registrants outside of Canada: Send payment through PayPal to True2Soul Network Inc., using email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Pay the total remainder of the course fees before the start date of your first class.
QUESTIONS? Please CONTACT US at email@example.com. See you at the Academy!
Food to Soul
Chef Kim Sutherland: Executive Chef, Mother of 3, Yogi and Passionate Culinary Genius
Chef Kim is a Red Seal Chef, Yoga Teacher and fiercely passionate mother who takes the art of conscious cooking to a whole new level! Specialising in inspirational and empowerment and mindfulness in culinary arts, Chef Kim offers programs for home cooks as well as culinary professionals. Her teachings and coaching address limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, mindfulness – from the home kitchen to team leadership, and so much more. The former Executive Chef at Budweiser Gardens, Chef Sutherland has worked in various restaurants and facilities across North America. She helped plan and execute the culinary creations for major sporting events including The World Figure Skating Championships, The MasterCard Memorial Cup, and she recently ran a kitchen for thousands at The Canadian Scout Jamboree in Nova Scotia, and Boler Mountain in London, Ontario. Chef Sutherland is passionate about local, sustainable food and she loves to share that passion with others.
“What excites me the most is to be able to share my passion for food, sustainability & healthy lifestyles…” – Chef Kim
January 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
January 27 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until March 24, 2022
January 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm